Here are my 2014 predictions for the world of UK politics.
1. We currently have 12 MEPs. Post the Euro elections in the Spring we will have 3 or less (I take no pleasure in this)
2. However, I don't think we will come 5th on the popular vote. I think we will come fourth.
3. I think UKIP will not come top in those elections in the popular vote
4. Despite that, Farage will still be their leader by the end of the year
5. The Scots will not vote for Independence.....but the margin of victory will be less than 10%
6. Lorely Burt will become Deputy Leader of the Lib Dems
7. The Tories will be leading in the opinion polls by the end of the year (though it will be tight)
8. There will be at least 5 new Lib Dem Peers announced in 2014
9. Zac Goldsmith will remain an MP but will not hold the Tory Whip by the end of the year.
10. One of Clegg, Cameron or Miliband will no longer be their party leader by year end.
See you back here in 12 months.