'Oh, so that's who Richard Morris is..." Lord Hattersley on The Daily Politics

'An influential activist' - The Guardian

'Iain Dale, without the self loathing' - Matthew Fox in The New Statesman

'
You are a tinker...' - Tim Farron

Tuesday 17 May 2011

Remembering Miles Amos

There is a nice piece over at The Spectator about the significance of The Queen's visit to Ireland and remembering the many people who have lost their lives in the conflict.

On days like this I remember Miles Amos. Miles was the son of family friends, one of these people you see a lot growing up, and I remember my mother telling me about his death very vividly, and reading a copy of the valediction my father gave at his funeral. It was a very sad time and I still think about Miles, his sister Naomi and his parents Di and Geoff every time I hear about the troubles.

So on days like this, I choose to remember Miles Amos.

No comments:

Post a Comment