'Oh, so that's who Richard Morris is..." Lord Hattersley on The Daily Politics

'An influential activist' - The Guardian

'Iain Dale, without the self loathing' - Matthew Fox in The New Statesman

'
You are a tinker...' - Tim Farron

Saturday 17 March 2012

A Magnificent Gesture from MPs

Apparently George Osborne is to propose in the budget that MPs representing constituencies in the poorer parts of the country are to have their salaries and benefits cuts to reflect the local economy.

In these times of austerity it is a magnificent gesture from the leading public servants in the country.Well done them.

PS

Just to double check - these proposals that Public Servants from the poorest parts of the country should earn less than those from richer parts do apply to MPs, don't they?

Oh.

(h/t to @gedrobinson for pointing this out to me)

1 comment:

  1. Giselle Williams19 March 2012 at 20:25

    Thanks for posting this. I'm sick and tired of the attack on Public Sector employees. They do a job, they get paid, they pay tax and national insurance. What's wrong with that.

    P.S. I never worked in the Public Sector and worked from 1966 to 2011, when I retired. I think I'll go back in to business offering help to employees who have not been equally treated! I presume this future plan is also related to the removal of legal aid from employmen issues!

    ReplyDelete