'Oh, so that's who Richard Morris is..." Lord Hattersley on The Daily Politics

'An influential activist' - The Guardian

'Iain Dale, without the self loathing' - Matthew Fox in The New Statesman

'
You are a tinker...' - Tim Farron

Thursday 16 June 2011

Ah. It appears the benefits policy has been based on, at best, a half truth...

I always think the sign of a brilliant blog post is one that tells me something I didn't know, something that really makes me think (or indeed, blink), and something that's terribly well researched.

This great article from Tim Leunig, over at Lib Dem Voice does all three. Tim is Reader in Economic History at the London School of Economics and Chief Economist at Centreforum.

It exposes the untruth that people on benefits earn more than the average family. And demonstrates why capping benefits at £26000 will hammer the poorest in society.

It's really got me thinking. Do go and have a gander. It will do the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment